Sr. Business Intel Engineer
- Dallas, TX
AWS team is looking for a passionate Business Intelligence Engineer to join our team to play a key role in building and maintaining end to end analytics solutions that drive business decisions. This team and role will provide a great opportunity to build your career at Amazon as a BI leader. You will gain strategic insight on evolving mature businesses.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of navigating successfully through ambiguity, gathering business requirements and creating BI and analytics solutions that have measurable customer impact, and demonstrating exemplary written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have to set the right vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside with stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to answer key business questions. S/he will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and be able to lead a team to innovate and think big, while diving deep to meet our bar for quality and accuracy.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
• Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Developing expertise across various business teams, to drive adoption and increase visibility into key measures of business performance.
• Proposing and prioritizing changes to key metric reporting, creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements, and owning the data presented.
• Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information.
• Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges.
• Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters.
• Analyzing data and driving insights related to operation and compliance.
• Investigate and implement new big data technologies to provide automatic resolutions to address stakeholder needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good business acumen, experience in developing reports and conducting analysis, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
Location: This role is open to these locations: Seattle, Dallas, Boston and Virginia/DC. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years' experience in Business Intelligence, or related technical field
• Database design and operation (Redshift, Dynamo DB, MySQL, NoSQL)
• Business Intelligence systems and data presentation (Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, QuickSight).
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding languages.
• Experience working in a very large data warehouse environment and multi data sources.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3.
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
• Have ability to independently influence and drive outputs, meet deadlines, and set clear expectations and roadmaps.
• MBA or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related field.
• Experience in projects involving complex data sets and high variability.
• A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience handling confidential and sensitive data.
• Design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth
• Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau/QuickSight or similar BI tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top