Come build the future with us!
In 2015, Amazon launched a new B2B service Amazon Business. Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. We are recruiting a handful of the best and brightest to make this vision a reality. B2B represents an opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent our selection, pricing, ordering and delivery processes to provide the right customer experience for businesses.
Amazon is seeking a driven, strategic, and customer-centric Business Development Manager (m/f/d) Amazon Business in part-time (20-29 hours/week).
Core responsibilities are:
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams in a very ambiguous area. You must be able to effectively engage with C-level executive management of top B2B vendors to develop partnership strategies and business growth programs. Core responsibilities include:
• Identify, negotiate contracts and manage relationships with key vendors across various product verticals, with a particular focus on unlocking business relevant selection and increasing adoption of business discounts
• Establish and own selection and pricing goals, identify and define metrics to show impact.
• Identify partnership roadblocks and partner with product, program and vendor management teams across Amazon to develop solutions to address them.
• Drive market segment analysis to determine go-to-market strategies. Partner with Category teams, Sales and Marketing to drive business growth for supported vendors.
• Implement and track metrics for measuring success of vendor and partner engagement.
• Manage projects with internal teams and external service providers.
• Communicate with management and senior executives about program direction, strategy and the operational execution.
For this position we expect:
• University degree in a relevant field
• Several years of experience in E-commerce, Retail or Strategy Consulting
• Excellent negotiation skills in English
• Very good Excel Skills
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• Master degree in Industrial Engineering, Management or Economics, or MBA from a leading business school
• Prior B2B Procurement Experience/Negotiation or Business Process Management Experience
• Cross functional experience, especially Finance, Marketing or Supply Chain Management
• Highly analytical skill set with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation; experience in SQL
• Experience in building senior level internal and external relationships in a complex and dynamic organization and in influencing cross-functional teams
Sounds interesting? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.