Amazon's Consumer Payments Japan launches and manages various payment method in Amazon Japan. Our products comprise from Gift Card, Mobile Carrier Billing, Partner Points among others.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to help the payments and financial services including B2B GC Corporate Incentives business to the next level by creating a new business scheme or use-case. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing leads, analyzing segment opportunities and closing high volume of deals with large enterprise clients. The role will also require effective and efficient collaboration with key stakeholders within Amazon, such as Legal, Product, Finance, Marketing, Operations across Amazon.
If successful in meeting the high hiring bar, you will be responsible for driving growth as part of a high performing team.
• Developing strategy focused on specific verticals and/or use cases
• Expert time management
• Developing new value propositions, use cases and campaigns utilizing our suite of various payments products. The primarily responsibility is to expand the B2B Gift Card business, but also contributes to strengthen the partnerships with other payment methods.
• Negotiating and closing deals with a fast sales cycle to close with both internal and external stakeholders
• Accountable operational selling in a team environment
• Identifying, evaluating, and recommending product and service enhancements that improve the overall value of incentive offerings to our clients
Examples of Business Development:
• Substantial operations and business development experience, gained in a high-tech, payments or e-commerce environment.
• Ability to simplify and communicate value propositions that meet client needs.
• Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities.
• Experience in a growth-oriented environment, where individuals set aspirational growth targets for themselves and are accountable for achieving goals.
• Ability to handle the 'hands-on' day-to-day management of tasks, resolve problems and issues, and implement action plans to meet objectives.
• Proven analytical skills and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to manage the business 'by the numbers'. Must be metrics-driven and able to understand complex pricing models.
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
• Japanese fluency and English business proficiency.
• Cultural awareness as well as the ability to thrive in a large global environment and work effectively across internal and external teams across the division (finance, marketing, sales operations, legal, etc.).
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
• Great motivation to drive the business forward. Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dive deep to achieve goals.
• Demonstrated experience in taking the initiative and constructively advocating on behalf of the company externally and clients internally.