Sr. Business Development Manager, Alexa Skills
Interested in Amazon Alexa, the voice-powered cloud intelligence that powers Amazon Echo? Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Come help us expand the reach of Alexa to customers wherever they are, at home and on the go. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
Help mold the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for the Sr. Business Development role on the Alexa team. In this role, you will be working with some of the top-tier companies & developers to help develop incredible experiences that will wow customers using the Alexa technology on a variety Amazon products.
Your responsibilities will include creating and owning key business relationships and driving the ultimate success of partner projects. You will be the "face of Amazon" with key partners and drive discussions with senior technical leaders/CxO in those organizations. You will also be able to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. Creating scalable processes that can be leveraged across teams, both domestically and internationally is crucial. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the technical understanding to drive deals across all stakeholders.
- Identify and engage developers to drive opportunities for compelling Alexa skills and deeper integrations into the Alexa platform.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enable the successful recruiting and on-boarding of developers.
- Manage developer relationships both Domestically and Internationally.
- Drive product capabilities and enhance functionalities of the Alexa platform.
- Develop unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies
- Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
- Advocate internally for developer features and functionality that will help facilitate a world class Alexa skills ecosystem
- Create actionable steps to achievement of big, ambiguous ideas
- 10+ years of mobile, software or digital business development experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Comfortable negotiating contracts and managing large budgets
- Experience working with emerging technologies, especially speech/voice
- Proven ability to prospect, recruit, and manage executive level relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
- Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
- Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans; which includes putting solid processes and PM plans in place to help us scale.
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Demonstrated ability to champion and drive cross-functionally improvement initiatives
- Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including SharePoint, Excel, Access, Word, and Salesforce.com
- Mobile, digital content, and apps domain experience a plus
- MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top