Sr. Business Development Manager, Alexa
- Bengaluru, India
Help mold the future of Amazon's cloud-based voice service, Alexa, in Japan. Alexa and devices aren't gadgets - they're end-to-end services, backed by a vast selection of contents, exclusive features and devices from both Amazon and third-party device manufactures. If you have the right blend of enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be the right Business Development Manager for Alexa.
We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Senior Business Development Manager for Alexa. The key mission of the position is to identify, negotiate and execute complex and high-impact partnership deals with the leading companies to increase the customer engagement and the growth of Alexa business. This position will leverage your strong sense of understanding new technology, marketing, and high-tech industries and your ability to work with product, finance, and business development teams across Amazon to structure innovative partnerships.
• Identify partnership opportunities with leading companies (Contents holder, device manufactures, service providers)
• Engage with top-tier companies to develop incredible experiences that will wow customers.
• Drive the project with partners and internal stakeholders by thinking strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities.
• Structure deals and engagement model which are aligned with the interests of Amazon, customers, and partners
• Develop and manage both working level and senior-level relations (CxO) with partner companies
• Define performance measures and manage deals to hit targets
• Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks.
The main business area that you focus on will be assigned based on openings and your experience and interest; This position will be working for Alexa Skill Kit, Alexa Voice Service and Smart Home.
• Bachelor's degree
• Fluency in both Japanese and English (Native level Japanese and Business level English is a must)
• Excellent Communication skills (Verbal and written)
• 5+ years of work experience in business development or account management
• Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large Japanese companies
• Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and new ideas and evaluate tradeoffs with global technology teams
• High level of independence, flexibility, and ability to handle ambiguity
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills: ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
• Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Experience working with emerging technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top