The Alexa Automotive team is seeking a high-performing, innovative, results-oriented and customer-obsessed, Senior Manager Business Development to identify, negotiate and execute partnerships that deliver great Alexa Automotive experiences to customers. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, implementation and roadmap of Alexa Auto solutions used every day by people you know. Candidates for this role must possess a combination of deep technical skills and strong business acumen to aid our partners in building a delightful end-user experience. In this role, you will have global responsibility for bringing new automotive products to market. You will work closely with leadership, product development, solution architects, and other internal teams to shape product strategy, develop our GTM strategy including pricing and then work with our field teams to develop strategic partnerships that bring these next generation customer experiences to market.
The ideal candidate will have experience in automotive software and be a self-starter willing to operate in a fast-paced, multifaceted and ever-changing environment. The candidate must possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to execute on key business initiatives.
• 5+ years of business development experience closing strategic and complex deals in the high-tech industry
• 7+ years of experience in a business role: business development, corporate development, product management / product marketing, partner management, or engineering leadership
• Experience with business models and data analysis
• Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements
• Extraordinary business writing skills
• Experience executing deals with in the automotive industry
• Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing successful large-scale and complex partnerships
• Experience with consumer electronics, automotive, Smart Home, and/or IoT and other connected devices.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and opportunistically explore new ideas with technical employees
• Solid experience working with technical products and teams, understands technical details
• Champion and drive cross-functional initiatives
• Strong analytical orientation; comfortable using data to make decisions
• Exceptional ability to communicate with and influence executives and both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong sense of ownership and bias for action
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without sacrificing quality
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Language skills are a plus