Sr. Business Analyst, PSAS Analytics
- Seattle, WA
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting Customers, Brands, Selling Partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing worldclass support, and building loyalty with Amazon's millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
As a team within CTPS, Partner Solutions & Support (PSAS), strives to make Amazon the best way for Selling Partners to reach customers locally and globally and to operate their businesses, driven by the accurate and efficient support and solutions we provide them. PSAS focuses on both preventing Selling Partner (Seller, Vendor and Brand Registry) contacts through preventing issues based on knowledge obtained during our support interactions, and for handling those contacts with quality and efficiency. To achieve this vision, we invest in technology to eliminate the root cause defects that cause Selling Partners to seek help, build self-service tools to resolve their issues on their own without waiting for help from Amazon, and provide Associates with the tools that automate routine steps and help them deliver consistent, efficient, quality resolution, Our team includes product managers, program managers, SDEs, scientists, and a range of operational and other specialty roles, and we operate at scale with over 17K Amazonians in our team, spanning 50+ global locations, and handling over 50M contacts a year
Are you data savvy, business focused, with a desire to use your analytical prowess to help others understand Seller needs and drive change through rigorous data analysis? We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the PSAS Science and Analytics team. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, an expert with SQL and Excel, experienced with significance testing and A/B experimentation, resourceful, customer-focused, strategic-thinking, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
In this role you will:
• Be an important member of a team that improves the experience of selling on Amazon by eliminating defects, proactively identifying and resolving selling issues, and discovering seller insights.
• Define the vision for analytical approach, reporting strategy, and new metrics for cross-organizational initiatives.
• Proactively identify, analyze, and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and discovering significant forward-looking opportunities.
• Dive deep into Amazon's data to reveal trends, support machine-learning based automation, perform cohort analysis, and design experiments to test hypotheses and quantify impacts.
• Work closely with Product Managers, Software Development Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Data Engineers, Process Engineers, and senior management to define and build reporting and analytic solutions that allow us to make data-based product and business decisions that make it easier to sell on Amazon.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating from multiple of Amazon's largest data sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Communicate complex analyses and insights at scale to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
• Create and maintain tools, reports, and analyses which support senior leadership and various teams throughout the organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
• BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field
• Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance testing.
• 3+ years of experience of writing SQL queries
• Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and manage cross-functional projects
• Advanced technical and modeling skills including Excel skills (pivot, vlookup, etc.) and data analytics
• Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into actionable recommendations
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability in using data and metrics to identify root causes
• Proficiency in a statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, or Minitab
• Experience with predictive analytics, data mining, and data visualization
• Experience with survey research
• Experience working with wide variety of business data sources
Back to top