Sr. Business Analyst, Onboarding
Amazon is looking for a smart, driven, problem solver to provide support for our evolving HR tools and systems. In this role, you will develop deep expertise on Amazon's global pre-employment and onboarding processes and work with business owners, technologists, and HR partners to understand and document strategy, requirements and timelines. You will participate in cross-functional teams through the process and policy design, delivery, implementation, and support of new HR tools and services as well as contribute to change management.
What you'll do:
- Data Analysis - Work closely with peers and stakeholders to access, pull, clean and analyze data from a variety of HR data sources. Gather new data, link disparate forms of data, and/or creatively use existing data to propose metrics and present them in compelling way
- Data Integrity - Work backwards from outputs (integrations, services, reports, etc.) to ensure all required data is controlled, validated, and captured within upstream core hire-to-retire processes.
- Project Management – Maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Communication - Own communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and periodic white paper analysis
- Operational Excellence - Drive regional and global HR data optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility and appropriate localization
- Subject Matter Expertise – develop deep knowledge of core hire-to-retire data structures used by Amazon, advise the business on regional and global requirements and best practices for optimizing the use of Amazon People Technology
- Measurement - Develop measures to define progress and success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for confirming return on investment
- Business Requirements - Coordinate the collection of regional business requirements including process deviations and localizations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Math, Statistics or related discipline
- 5+ years of HR or related experience
- 5+ years of work experience writing advanced SQL, data modeling, data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehousing) and using databases in a business environment with complex datasets
- Experience with data mapping and org design for core HCM technology such as Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle HCM
- Advanced Excel skills; experience with business intelligence tools
- PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS, SAP, or Workday experience in Business Process Design and System Configuration is a plus.
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
- Able to source, work with, and combine disparate data sets to answer business questions.
- Able to deliver complex analysis/ projects from initiation through delivery.
- Inquisitive technical and business skills to understand, test, or challenge the status quo while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Customer obsession and bias for action
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, or any related field from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel 10% - 15%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top