Sr. Business Analyst
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in engineering the metrics model that drives continuous improvement for Amazon's global delivery operations? Do you have solid problem solving skills, metrics-driven mindset and want to solve problems with solutions that will meet the growing worldwide need? Then Middle Mile Technology is the team for you. We are part of building the world's fastest, most reliable, and lowest cost transportation network that provides customers the most control and are looking for a top notch Sr. Business Analyst.
As Sr. Business Analyst, you will develop solutions to drive insights and optimization for Network Planning and Forecasting. As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to be a pioneer in Amazon Logistics and collaborate with a group of talented program managers, product managers, research scientists, software developers, and business members to design the Amazon network of the future.
This position requires innovative thinking, ability to quickly approach large ambiguous problems and apply reason, technical and engineering expertise to rapidly research, validate, visualize, prototype and deliver solutions. This position also requires significant cross functional work and integration with transportation, tech, operations and finance. Successful candidates should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As you further your career as a Business Analyst at Amazon, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will research performance data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to make strategic business recommendations. We are focused on your success and want to build and support passionate innovators within Amazon's Middle Mile. You can expect to leverage your methodical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
• Perform complex data analysis to identify opportunities to reduce fulfillment costs as well as improve efficiencies and customer experience
• Design, develop and establish KPIs to provide strategic insights to drive growth and performance
• Ability to perform/own reoccurring and ad-hoc business intelligence projects
• Develop standardized metrics to evaluate and benchmark pertaining to short and long term network planning and forecasting
• Communicate complex insights to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, industrial engineering or operations research
• 5+ years experience
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in writing SQL queries and mining databases
• Building visualizations in Tableau, PowerBI or Quicksight
• Masters Degree in Analytics, Supply Chain Engineering or related field
• Experience in supply chain, transportation planning
• Advanced knowledge in scripting with R, Ruby or Python
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top