The International Expansions (IE) organization's charter is to rapidly expand Amazon's retail presence globally, partnering closely with category management, technology, and product teams across Amazon, to deliver the world's largest selection to our international customers. Within IE organization, our team's vision is to bring Amazon to customers in 150+ countries around the world and build the tools and features that enable our vendors and sellers to go global effortlessly, as well as drive customer engagement and ensure our success in new and emerging marketplaces.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team and help unlock insights which take our team to the next level. The ideal candidate will be excited about understanding and implementing new and repeatable processes and providing data to improve our launch experiences. They will do this by partnering with key stakeholders to be curious and comfortable digging deep into the business challenges to understand and identify insights that will enable us to figure out standards to improve our ability to globally scale this program. They will be comfortable delivering/presenting these recommended solutions by retrieving and integrating artifacts in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision-making process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as an outstanding business acumen. The ideal candidate knows and loves our customers (internal and external) and will work back from the customer to create structured processes for global expansions work and help integrate new countries. They are experts in partnering and earning trust with operations/business leaders to drive these key business decisions.
• Own the development and maintenance of new and existing artifacts focused on analysis of requirements, metrics, and reporting dashboards.
• Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement metrics, automated reporting/process solutions, and process improvements to meet business needs.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Prepare and deliver business requirements reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs.
• Excellent writing skills, to create artifacts easily digestible by business and tech partners.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
• Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Proficient and direct experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI etc.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
• Experience leading large-scale analytics projects with BI solutions development using AWS technologies Redshift, Athena, S3, EC2, Quicksight, etc
• Proven success in designing and implementing ETL Pipelines, Query Performance Tuning, and other data engineering techniques
• Experience in scripting languages for parsing and data analysis
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.