Sr Business Analyst, Alexa Skills
Be at the center of Amazon innovation with the Alexa Skills team! This rapidly-growing business within Amazon offers a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment. The Alexa Skills team is looking for a data-driven professional to drive business results by developing core metrics and KPIs across the organization and leading operations reviews. The role will be highly visible across the Skills organization and play a key role in developing analytic insights to prioritize and guide Business Development, Marketing and Operations resources.
The successful candidate will be analytical and possess a strong passion for developing insights, setting high standards, and providing information that drives a dynamic and fast-growing business. You will have excellent business acumen and communication skills and be able to work with Alexa Skills business leaders to develop and define key business questions, then work with BI teams to deliver information that answers those questions. You should be passionate about working with data, be driven to dive deep, and be passionate in socializing business impacts to guide the broader organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading recurring business and operations reviews and for driving business-critical projects across the Alexa organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in business analytics using business insights to deliver
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, intermediate SQL skills, and analytical platforms
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools
- Strong communication skills and experience leading and coordinating broad business reviews.
- Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- An ability to manage and work with an international & culturally diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication, planning, presentation and organization skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top