Sr Business Analyst, Alexa Skills
Be at the center of Amazon innovation with Alexa Skills Kit! This rapidly-growing business within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a data-driven professional to create, report, and monitor business and operations metrics. Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making and requires business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. This role will help scope, influence, and evaluate process improvements, and will contribute to Alexa's success by enabling data-driven decision making that will positively impact the customer experience.
The successful candidate will be analytical and possess a strong passion for developing insights, setting high standards, and providing information that drives a dynamic and fast growing business. You will have excellent business acumen and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, then work with BI teams to deliver information that answers those questions. You should be passionate about working data and be driven to answer "why".
This role will define and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and perform analysis to guide business decision making, including performance measurements for the business development organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation and facilitation of business reviews, operational planning and drive business-critical projects across the Alexa organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a business analyst and driving business insights through large complex data sets
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Experience with developing and managing automated reporting
- Experience in data visualization/reporting, preferably Tableau
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
- SQL skills and experience querying large data sets from multiple sources
- Experience with one or more ETL tools and one or more BI Reporting tools (e.g. OBIEE)
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
- Demonstrated experience with End-to-End project management from data analysis to action deployment
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- An ability to manage and work with an international & culturally diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication, planning, presentation and organization skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top