Sr. Business Analyst, Alexa
Sr Business Analyst, Alexa Experiences & Devices
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is working to build an exciting new Amazon business in voice.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to join our analytics team to help us measure and understand customer engagement with Alexa. In this highly visible role, you will provide reporting, analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders - ranging from VPs to engineers, from marketers to product managers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading recurring business and operations reviews and for driving business-critical projects across the Alexa organization. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Define requirements for reporting sales data, customer behavior, and technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
- Present findings to partner teams and organizational leadership
- Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new product development
- Partner with internal and external market research teams to analyze our customers and the competitive environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of years of relevant work experience in business analytics, business intelligence, market research or related field, and 5-7 years professional experience (experience in consumer-facing industry preferred)
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, intermediate SQL skills, and anlatyical platforms
- Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Graduate degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top