Amazon is seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and determined Business Analyst with a strong desire to join Amazon's Disability and Leave Services (DLS) Team. The team supports the leave, disability, accommodation for life events for employees within Amazon. The role will support the continued growth and success of the program, particularly focusing on providing program guidance, design, improvement and outcomes through the use of data and analytics.
The role requires someone who has strong deep diving experience, an affinity to learn about the DLS space, understands how data across multiple platforms and programs can draw out previously unknown nuances, and defects, that lead to process improvements.
The ideal candidate should embody someone who can "find and narrate the story" using data from disparate sources, and establish mechanisms to surface knowledge that leads to meaningful business change. It requires the ability to think broadly while data mining for trends and anomalies tied to the leaves, disability and accommodations business.
This resource will be looked to as a leader who can spot and communicate trends and anomalies from seemingly chaotic data to suggest improvement opportunities. They will must be skilled at creating unique, analytically driven strategies to monitor the outcome from resulting process changes. For prioritization, they will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, while balancing the business needs alongside technical constraints.
• Use cross-functional subject matter expertise to communicate outliers and trends in data with fellow subject matter experts that work together to drive program level solutions.
• Data mining and analyzing multiple datasets and program health metrics to determine correlation versus causation often found between production, satisfaction and risk.
• Provide consultation with business leaders on cross-functional teams including HR Operations and Analytics, finance, product, and self-inspection programs.
• Interpret requests submitted by partner teams for analytical deep dives.
• Prepare observation papers with proposed action plans to address trends and anomalies found within the data
• Support and drive a culture of visual management through the use insights and dashboards to tell the story through data
The role is available in Dallas, Arlington and Boston
• 3-5+ years of experience in a consultative and analytical role supporting Disability Management Operations or similar professional services
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Experience researching, analyzing and summarizing data into impactful business proposals
• Ability to apply basic statistical techniques (i.e. hypothesis testing)
• A history in identifying process improvements and analytics including Six Sigma (Green Belt Minimum) practices and certification.
• Able to "fly at all levels"; summarizing key points for strategic audience, while also able to dive into details with specialists/analysts.
• Proven business acumen with strong statistics experience and intuition
• Demonstrated expertise with Excel, Access and data visualizations
• Ability to use data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analysis
• Able to drive clarity in the face of ambiguity
• Highly capable of multi-tasking and executing on multiple project channels simultaneously
• HR or Operations experience preferred.
• Stakeholder management
• Excellent communication skills