Sr. Business Analyst
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our associates. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Restricted Products team based in our Seattle office, supporting the global Restricted Products Program, which ensures the safety and compliance of the Amazon websites. The Restricted Products Program is our main program to enforce and design Amazon prohibited product policies and manage illegal and domestically regulated products.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uncovering trends and correlations through data mining and analysis to develop insights that can improve the Legal and Business teams to help make effective decisions
- Partnering with Business, Legal, and Tech stakeholders to understand challenges and provide data/analysis to help drive projects
- Understanding all tools used within Restricted Products and driving product and tech solutions with data
- Forecasting improvements in risk and using metrics to deep dive root causes to drive programmatic changes. Make recommendations on programmatic changes needed to resolve spikes in trends.
- Creating self-service mechanisms and mentoring Legal and Business stakeholders on new tools to reduce turn-around-time in getting data to make effective risk reduction decisions
- Ad-hoc queries to support data pulls for regulatory requests.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Business
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or another related occupation
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA, SQL and relational databases
- Experience in building automation for reporting
- Dashboard experience with such as Tableau or other BI reporting tools
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new data tables
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical individuals
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top