Sr. Brand Designer
D1 is the internal creative agency setting design and brand direction for Amazon's global brand. Our mission is to be the most customer-centric collective of creative thinkers, dreamers and doers. We create beautiful visual designs, communications, on-site graphics, photography, videos, style guides, and user experiences. We are responsible for branding and the creative development of style guides for the Amazon master brand and collaborate with business partners around the world to support a wide range of devices, services, features, and retail categories. We apply strategic insight to delight customers - driving discovery, engagement, and trust. We're growing quickly and hiring the best. This is day one.
The ideal candidate will be able to interpret creative briefs and explore visual brand systems, campaigns and individual tactics for a variety of categories across Amazon. This candidate is a problem solver with strong bias for action and an entrepreneurial spirit. They should be able to work under pressure, turning around projects quickly and without errors, creating work for digital platforms, social, broadcast, and print, and out of home channels. They will be working with other brand designers, motion designers, photographers, directors, and marketing professionals to deliver exceptional brand systems and experiences to be seen by millions of our customers world-wide.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, design, or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of design/advertising industry experience
- Portfolio demonstrates big, systematic brand design that can extend into any medium
- Ability to design in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your mastery of design thinking, process, and solutions
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is energetic, positive and resourceful
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully to our business partners, both verbally and through sketches
- An articulate writer
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing/branding
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top