Sr. Big Data & Analytics Consultant
- United States
Are you passionate about delivering results from large datasets using Big Data & Analytics technologies? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing services to run their solutions faster, safer and at lower cost?
At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Senior Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to provide unique deep-dive technical engagements for our Enterprise customers across the Americas. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations.
You will provide strategic technical guidance to proactively improve performance, reliability, security and cost-effectiveness of customers' solutions using AWS best practices. This role will focus on AWS Big Data Solutions including Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, Elasticsearch and Kinesis.
This position will require the ability to travel 25% or more as needed. This position can work out of any AWS location within the US.
• 6+ years of technical engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience (5+ years) in either designing or supporting the following technologies: AWS Redshift (or similar technology like Teradata or Snowflake), AWS EMR (or other Hadoop implementations), AWS Glue, Elasticsearch and/or Kinesis.
• Company or regional-level recognition in the area of specialization.
• Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements
• 10+ years of technical engineering experience
• Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
• Experience in Informational Technology operations
• Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
• Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
For all jobs located within the city limits of San Francisco, the job posting must also include the SF tagline listed below.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
For all jobs located within the city limits of Los Angeles, the job posting must also include the LA tagline listed below.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For all jobs located within the city limits of Columbia, the job posting must also include the Columbia tagline listed below.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Back to top