Come share your skills and creativity through a role with the Last Mile Trust & Safety (LMTS) team. We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter to join the LMTS team and provide oversight for business analytics, data collection and reporting. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing data to identify potential problematic operations; and partner with stakeholders to reduce exposure. You will consult with field and business teams to review Last Mile operations, review/resolve problems, and provide recommendations for reducing vehicle and property damage. A successful candidate will have experience diving deep into data to support projects and strategic direction. You should have strong analytical and project management skills. Above all else, you should obsess over the safety and experience of our drivers.
In this role, you will
• Be on the LMTS team, helping to support strategy, goals, and priorities.
• Support the business strategy, in close collaboration with leadership and Last Mile stakeholders to achieve priorities, goals, and measures of success.
• Collaborate with engineering and BI teams to acquire new data from production systems or between databases.
• Work with BA teams to create weekly and monthly business review metrics.
• Have strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics and trends into improvement opportunities.
• Proactively measure and analyze data, identify risks/issues, and overcoming hurdles to drive results.
• Bring a high energy, results-oriented and resourceful mindset and quickly take control of your responsibilities.
• Lead complex data analysis and maintain regular metrics reporting to help stakeholders gain insights into the program.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a business analyst with the goal of developing tools/dashboards/reports and other resources for our stakeholders.
• Assists LMTS with analysis, reports, projects and deliverables.
• Leads the development of LMTS specific key performance indicator metric processing.
• Provides continuous improvement of existing reports/dashboards/tools.
• Provides monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports on causation trends, cost, and other key metrics.
• Conducts data analysis, research and develops educational materials based on trends.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Risk management or related field
• 5+ years of data analytics experience
• Experience in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• 3+ years' experience in safety
• Advanced degree
• Experience working in a safety first environment
• Ability to drive successful partnerships to execute innovative initiatives
• Committed to getting things done
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us