Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. Our team delivers high-quality video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
Amazon is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join the Global Video Supply Chain organization. Global Video Supply Chain owns the largest, richest catalog of video content in the world, available to customers as early as possible. We enable Amazon Video's customers all around the world to discover, purchase, and stream any title in any language anywhere.
We're looking for a Senior BIE who can help us drive data-driven decision-making across the Prime Video Catalog. You will own partnering with data engineering and software engineering teams to drive best-in-class business intelligence solutions at scale. You will work with structured and unstructured data sources to develop deep business insights and architect key business metrics. You will partner with scientists to build forward-looking data experimentation, predictive modeling, and machine learning algorithms.
Core responsibilities include:
• Drive the design, development, and maintenance of innovative and scalable intelligence solutions across the organization, with the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
• Develop domain expertise and drive major contributions to our data and research roadmap. Leverage SQL, ETL, Redshift, and other available tools to uncover deep business insights, trends, and opportunities to innovate on behalf our customers.
• Partner with data engineering to build best-in-class data architecture and pipelines to support analytics needs.
• Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable analytical solutions. Manage large scale data requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members.
• Partner with scientists to translate business insights and trends into experimentation and testing, and modeling.
• Mentor and develop other analytics team members.
The position will be based in Seattle but you will work with a Global team spanning the US, Europe, India, and Japan.
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, closely related field or equivalent experience.
• Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and technical teams
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related field.
• Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
• Proficiency with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python)
• 3 years+ data visualization and dashboarding experience
• Basic proficiency with statistical modeling, research methods, and machine learning applications
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age