- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our NA Delivery Service Provider (DSP) team as Sr. BIE, supporting our NA Delivery Stations. This role is responsible for the analysis of auto and workers' compensation claims data and providing monthly accident/injury reports and trends to internal stakeholders.Works to mitigate, eliminate, or implement risk management efforts such as safety training, accident investigation, and claims/injury management. Consults with field and safety teams to review DSP's operations/activities, review/resolve problems, receive advice/direction, and provide recommendations for reducing frequency and severity of injuries, losses, and workplace hazards.
The Senior BIE Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for analyzing data to identify potential hazards and problematic operations, creating weekly and monthly business review metrics.
• Strong knowledge of AWS environment and service knowledge with understanding of S3 storage and Redshift Architecture.
• Act as a project leader and manager of resources with the goal of developing tools/dashboards/reports and other resources for our DSP and internal stakeholders.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, that will support our business needs using Tableau, Salesforce, and Microsoft BI.
• Leads the development of DSP specific key performance indicator metric processing and bench-marking studies.
• Collaborate with engineering teams and partner BI teams to acquire new data from production systems or between databases and tools to deliver reports.
• Provides monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports on causation trends, cost, and other key metrics.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers and case management systems
• Conducts data analysis and research to develop educational materials based on trends for website, meetings and stakeholders.
• Identifies pockets of actionable risk reduction opportunities for testing and implementing targeted risk mitigation solutions.
• Lead complex data analysis and maintain regular metrics reporting to help stakeholders gain insights into the program
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics/Finance, Statistics,Risk Management, or related field and equivalent experience/training.
• 5+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role.
• 3+ years of experience conducting analysis and data mining.
• Proficient extracting and processing data using SQL.
• 5 + years' of auto/workers' compensation data analysis, risk management and/or safety related field experience.
• Proven leadership, problem solving, project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
• Available for domestic travel.
• 7 + years' experience in risk management, insurance claims trending/analysis, examination, investigation, adjudication or advocacy.
• Master's Degree in Risk Management, Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, or related quantitative field or MBA with a concentration in Quantitative Analysis.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms.
• Strong personal skills and relationships and ability to work independently as well as in a group.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail and experience in preparing and leading business reviews for senior management.
• Strong familiarity with insurance carrier and TPA systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top