Sr. BI Engineer, Private Brands
- Seattle, WA
Private Brands is fast-growing within Amazon, and is a highly visible, emerging business. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers' everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon's strong customer obsessed reputation.
The Role: We are looking for an exceptional Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to help build a BI platform for Global Private Brands. The goal of this platform is to deliver reporting solutions, interactive visualizations and self-service analytics that provides deep insights to support business analysis and decision making. To succeed in this role, you will have strong technical acumen and extensive experience in developing reporting, BI and data warehouse solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly analytical, comfortable diving deep and making data driven decisions with a strong customer focus.
• Conduct deep dive analyses and translate requirements into effective data visualizations and analytical solutions
• Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use
• Imagine and develop new ways to present data that adds value and insight
• Partner closely with other Tech, Product and Data engineering teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics, projects and initiatives
Successful candidates for this position will have an ability to multi-task, navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics and Data Engineering development experience
• Experience in designing and implementing reporting solutions and self-service analytics using tools such as Tableau
• Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Power BI (experience with Tableau highly preferred)
• Advanced knowledge and expertise of SQL and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
• Experience in relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions in a business environment with large-scale complex datasets
• Experience with AWS data warehouse and reporting technologies like Redshift, Athena, S3, etc.
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insight for a consumer business
Back to top