Sr. BI Engineer, Marketing Finance
- Seattle, WA
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing Finance team! AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
The Marketing Finance team guides global marketing investment decisions and tracks the effectiveness and return on those marketing investments. We also build and operate data resources that provide the AWS Marketing organization with insights into all areas of business performance.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling), and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. The candidate will know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions.
• Work with business customers to gather requirements and deliver complete data and analytical solutions
• Learn why customers are asking for data and what their underlying questions and business goals are
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics and analyses used to drive key business decisions
• Recognize and follow best practices in data analysis, including data integrity, accuracy, and reliability, as well as documentation
• Drive data democratization throughout the organization, enabling others to self-serve their data needs, while educating others on how to be knowledgeable consumers of data analysis
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and business intelligence
• Advanced knowledge of SQL
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing
• Possess the technical ability and business experience to interact with all levels and disciplines in the organization
• Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in a quantitative or business field
• Experience with AWS products and tools
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and R
• Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top