Sr. ASIC Design Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Be part of Project Kuiper's sub-team responsible for defining and implementing the digital chip SOCs for communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and wireless system teams to define modems, high-speed interfaces, embedded processors, and DSP solutions in latest CMOS generation technologies.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with the system architects to develop world-class SOC and IP blocks, which meet power, area and performance targets.
• Define, configure and integration SoC Subsystems
• Contribute to the SoC floor planning effort
• Define and develop any necessary support logic
• Configure, instantiate and integrate 3rd party IP blocks
• Understand low power design & the impact of DFT on the blocks
• Perform initial synthesis & timing analysis
• Assist verification team in unit verification including test plan development
• Assist with debug and bring-up
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in SoC design and implementation
• Proven track record where products have gone to volume production
• Hands on experience in low power design techniques
Master's or Ph.D degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in communication systems
• Familiarity with UVM and Matlab
• Ability to write assertions and exposure to Formal verification
• Strong written and verbal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top