Sr Art Director, International Branding & Events | Location Flexibility: Any Amazon U.S. corporate office.
- San Francisco, CA
Do you love making beautiful things that will be seen all over the globe? The AWS Global Events team is looking for a Senior Visual Designer/Art Director to join our high-energy creative team in making our growing roster of events (over 100) the most exciting on the planet.
Who we are
Today, AWS is home to technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS Marketing is focused on marketing services across the full platform of AWS, for a diverse audience of developers, IT professionals, technical decision makers, business owners, and executives across industries. The Global Events Team creates immersive and inspiring experiences for these customers by hosting re:Invent, re:Inforce, Global Summits, Global Field events, and more. Our creative team supports these events with best in class experiences and assets for every stage of the event journey from demand generation, registration, signage, scenic, and swag as well as fun things like as a world record holding wing eating contest.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring stylish, elevated ideas to the table. In addition, they should have the ability to work with our agency of record to create future-facing design and branding and to drive our partners to maintain high design bar. This position requires intrinsic design acumen, typographic skills, print and digital expertise, and acute attention to detail. Not only do you have the technical skills and a portfolio to back it up, you function as a conceptual thinker who can bring fresh ideas to the team. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate professionally with stakeholders is essential.
• Art direct development of new event brands
• Art direct and execute the design of existing brands across multiple form factors
• Manage a wide array of concurrent design projects
• Communicate as needed with stakeholders and vendors in a wide array of geos to fully grasp design needs and deliverables
• Maintaining high-quality creative, strong attention to detail, while operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment
• Take direction from team Creative Director and Leadership, while exhibiting ownership and backbone to bring design excellence to the department
• Stay on the cutting edge of what's new in design, identifying opportunities and experimenting with applying new methods and concepts to design problems
• Contribute and grow the group's best practices for design and event creative
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• 7+ years of experience as a visual designer
• 5+ Experience designing for motion, print, web, and mobile
• Bachelor degree in design or equivalent professional experience required
• Online portfolio of design work
• Experience designing brand guidelines
• Experience in a variety of tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Sketch, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of typographic and brand design principles
• Experience creating and implementing a design system across multiple platforms
• Design experience on global events at scale (over 20,000 people)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, enthusiastic team player
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data and diplomacy
• Illustration and/or multimedia skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top