Sr. Applied Scientist, Personalization
- Seattle, WA
Want to help invent next generation technologies in recommender systems? Are you looking for roles that impact millions of customers a day, with opportunities to drive billions of dollars in impact? We've got the perfect job for you.
Amazon's Personalization team is looking for an Applied Scientist to work on the core website optimization systems for all of Amazon. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, working on one of the largest scale machine learning systems in the company. You will hone your skills in areas such as deep learning, multi-armed bandits, and reinforcement learning while building scalable industrial systems. As a member of a highly leveraged team of talented engineers and ML scientists, you will have a unique opportunity to help determine what content gets shown to every customer on Amazon.
As a member of the team, you will use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems. You will propose and run live experiments on customers, with opportunities to publish your work. You bring strong thought leadership, great judgment, clear communication skills, and strong track record of delivery. You will play a critical role in ideation for the team. We are building the next generation optimization system that powers the biggest internet retailer on earth, and we hope you will join us!
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD in Computer Science, ML, Statistics or related field
• 7+ years of industry experience
• Extensive experience building predictive and optimization models
• Expert knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, natural language processing, informational retrieval
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
• Proven track record leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• Experience in advertising, website optimization, recommender systems
Back to top