Sr. Applied Scientist - Machine Learning (Finance)
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about machine learning? Does the prospect of solving high impact business problems excite you? Do you want to be part of team building a new machine learning platform that processes billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies?
Successful candidates will have sound judgment and will use data driven methods to identify which opportunities will drive the most impact to our customers. You excel in translating broader business objectives into science formulations, research for potential solutions, or invent new solutions for the objective. You strive for simplicity, demonstrate high judgment backed by sound statistical reasoning and robust machine learning models to deliver creative solutions. You do independent research and develop non-trivial Machine Learning solutions. You mentor and lead scientists and engineers, contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or publications. You thrive in a collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with technical software development teams to bring your algorithms to production.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and machine learning and mentoring others.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• MS/PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
• 2+ years of Post-doc or hands-on experience in artificial intelligence, predictive modeling, machine learning or large data analysis
• Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
• Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala
• Problem solving ability
• A PhD in Computer Science, machine learning, Statistics, Operational research
• 7+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Strong problem solving ability
• Solid SQL Skills
• Solid skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
• Communication and data presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top