Sr. Applied Scientist
- Bengaluru, India
Imagine being part of a team where your ideas have the potential to impact millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge technology, such as natural language processing, reinforcement learning, genetic algorithms, and multi-constraint optimization algorithms. Welcome to the Amazon pricing team!
As an Applied Scientist on the CMT team, you will be responsible for applying state-of-the art ML to solving problems that involve multi-objective function optimization, forecasting changes in the pricing landscape and driving prioritization algorithms based on these. You will apply natural language processing to extract semantic information from completely unstructured content at high precision.
• Map business requirements and customer needs to a scientific problem.
• Align the research direction to business requirements and make the right judgments on research/development schedule and prioritization.
• Research, design, implement and deploy scalable machine learned models, including the application of state-of-art deep learning, to solve problems that matter to our customers in an iterative fashion.
• Mentor and develop junior applied scientists and developers who work on data science problems in the same organization.
• Stay informed on the latest machine learning, natural language and/or artificial intelligence trends and make presentations to the larger engineering and applied science communities.
• MS in Computer Science, strong knowledge of machine learning, and 5+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia OR PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field and strong knowledge of machine learning.
• 4 +/- years of experience using a broad set of supervised and unsupervised ML approaches and techniques ranging from Regression to Deep Neural Networks.
• Proven track record of successfully applying ML-based solutions to complex problems in business, science, or engineering.
• PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field and strong knowledge of machine learning.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies.
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Experience with modern methods for parallelized processing of large, distributed datasets (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Map-Reduce).
* Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top