Sr. Applied Scientist
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientists with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading machine learning tools on AWS. As a scientist in the AWS-ML team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. As a senior applied scientist, you will have the chance to work with a large team of young scientists and engineers, as well as collaborate with principal scientists.
Research science at Amazon is a fast growing activity. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, our scientists also work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
We're looking for top scientists capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems. We have multiple positions available for applied scientists in Seattle, Palo Alto and Los Angeles.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with strong knowledge of machine learning.
- 6+ years of related work experience for a MS.
- 2+ years of experience for a PhD.
- Strong skills in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
- Solid software development experience.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with GPU programming
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top