Sr Applied Scientist - Alexa Speaker Recognition
- Seattle, WA
Interested in making Amazon Echo more intuitive? Help us make Alexa personalized to each of our customers. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. The charter for the team is to increase SpeakerID adoption across domains, by recognizing individual speakers with highest accuracy, enabling faster model experimentation, and building automated SpeakerID training workflows. As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will be responsible for building industry-leading intelligent offerings that customers love. You will write production-ready code for applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), in order to reduce users cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities and finally, inspire our customers by enabling serendipitous discovery of experience.
You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• 3+ years industry experience with a deep understanding of applying Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems
• Creating machine learning models
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on experiences in speech, speaker recognition or image recognition, natural language understanding and machine learning
• Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics
• Deep Learning or ASR experience
• A track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Working knowledge of an OO language like Java, C/C++, Python
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Desire, ability and experience mentoring engineers and managers on data modeling concepts
• Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• PhD with specialization in speech recognition, image recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
• Strong publication record
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top