Sr. Applied Scientist
- Seattle, WA
At AWS, we want to be able to identify every need of a customer across all AWS services before they have to tell us about it, and then find and seamlessly connect them to the most appropriate resolution for their need, eventually fulfilling the vision of a self-healing cloud. We are looking for Machine Learning Scientists / Applied Scientists / ML Scientists with unfettered curiosity and drive to help build "best in the world" support experience that customers will love!
You will have an opportunity to lead, invent, and design tech that will directly impact every customer across all AWS services. We are building industry-leading technology that cuts across a wide range of ML techniques from Natural Language Understanding to Deep Learning. You will be a key driver in taking something from an idea to an experiment to a prototype and finally to a live production system.
We are a newly formed team, and we pack a punch with principal level engineering, science, product, and leadership talent. We have started building the brightest science team and you have the opportunity to lead and establish a culture for the big things to come. We combine the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build, have fun, and make history!
ML Scientist / Applied Scientist
• Deliver real world production systems at AWS scale.
• Work closely with the business to understand the problem space, identify the opportunities and formulate the problems.
• Use machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques and others to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions for the business problems.
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data and derive useful insights.
• Work with software engineering teams to deliver production systems with your ML models
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• MS in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or another related field
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling and analysis
• Deep expertise in at least one applied science discipline
• Experience in developing and delivering end-to- end solutions
• Ability to deliver with limited guidance, working on problems that are not structured
• Proficiency with data systems, ML Tools, and at least one programming language. Essentially, focus on the "Applied" side of things
• PhD in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics
• Experience or working knowledge of NLP and Deep Learning
• Experience working with real world distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top