DESCRIPTIONAmazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Show. What will you help us create?
Innovate and Make History!
Join our team of world renowned computer vision and machine learning scientists and engineers as we continue to innovate and build new products for Amazon! We take pride in solving hard problems through innovations in deep learning, Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Our scientists have been developing state-of-the art Computer Vision algorithms across many different domains spanning object/scene understanding, 3D modeling and semantic video analysis.
We are looking for a Sr. Applied Scientist with domain expertise in Computer Vision and Machine Learning to lead development of new algorithms and E2E solutions that impact millions of customers. You will be part of a team of applied scientists and software development engineers responsible for research, design, development and deployment of algorithms into production pipelines. As a technologist, you will also drive publications of original work in top-tier conferences in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. You will be expected to deal with ambiguity! The ideal candidate has outstanding analytical abilities and is comfortable working with cross-functional teams and systems. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in machine learning, computer vision and/or video.
• 1+ years experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python.
• 5+ years experience in deep learning, machine learning models for computer vision and related applications.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in computer vision, audio/speech/video processing
• 8+ years experience in building production grade deep learning models for computer vision and related fields.
• Solid Machine Learning background
• Background in classical CV algorithms is a plus
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//