Sr. Applied Scientist
- Seattle, WA
Interested in driving thought leadership on customers discovering Private Brands? We're building intelligent data models and NLP algorithms that will transform digital marketing discovery for Private Brands at Amazon. Come join us!
We are looking for a senior scientist to lead innovation for our discovery efforts across all placements and all page types by developing innovative algorithms to determine the right content to serve within the right context. This role has a significant global revenue impact. At the heart of our discovery engine are systems for optimizing query sourcing, merchandising allocations, experimentation infrastructure, machine learning methods for inference and metrics-driven closed loop optimizations. This Senior Applied Scientist is responsible for innovation aimed at step-changing these systems, and accelerating the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization. In addition, this scientist will be required to invent new approaches in solving challenging problems like cold start product recommendation, real-time learning customer intent and personalizing contents and optimizing trade-offs between incremental Private Brands sales and the foregone advertising opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will need to be comfortable defining a long-term science vision for discovery across placements, and translating that direction into specific plans for applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding. The ideal candidate will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, information-based arguments. With a focus on bias for action, this individual will be able to work equally well with Science, Engineering, Economics and business teams. This person will have sound judgment and help recruit and groom high caliber science talent.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
• Ph.D. degree and 6+ years of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Experience working in native AWS
• Proven experience in constrained optimization and multi-objective modeling
• Proven experience in building machine learning models for online advertising and personalized recommendations
• Strong technical communication to the non-technical audience
• Experience working with very large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data
• Demonstrated successful industrial experience, drives results
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Exhibits business judgment, dives deep, think big
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company's approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Back to top