Sr Analytics Specialist Solutions Architect
- Seattle, WA
Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new ways to explore data? Come join us.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a comprehensive set of services to handle every step of the analytics process chain including data warehousing, business intelligence, batch processing, stream processing, log analytics, and data workflow orchestration.
We are looking for an Analytics Specialized Solutions Architect, who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers solve data challenges and create new solutions/capabilities for their customers. You will partner with Sales Account Managers, Business Development Representatives and the AWS Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment.
You will develop white papers, blogs, sample dashboards, labs, and presentations to evangelize BI design patterns and best practices. You will also mentor and train the broader SA population within AWS, teaching them how to integrate Amazon Analytic Solutions appropriately into customer architectures.
The ideal candidate will ...
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's fastest growing.
Be Customer Obsessed. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. You will represent the voice of the customer in field engagements with AWS specialist sales, business development, and service teams.
Be an Architect. As part of a Solutions Architecture team, you produce and validate reference architectures and customer adoption for AWS Analytics services including, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Amazon Data Lakes and Amazon QuickSight.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Designing Data and Analytics solutions. Work with teams at existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform and Analytics Services. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Partnering with account teams, Business Development Managers and Analytics Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
• Be the voice of the customer to service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Sharing what you know by capturing best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams, including reference architectures and patterns, with the worldwide AWS solution architect community in order to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community
• Exhibiting thought leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Analytics Solutions in the Data and Analytics domain. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
**Strong preference for this role to be in:
• 7+ years of experience in the design and implementation of IT systems
• 5+ years experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
• 2+ years of architecture and/or implementation experience in big data, data warehousing, data lake, operational analytics, data migration, and integration scenarios. (Amazon EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive, Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, Glue, Data Migration Services)
• 2+ years of experience with modern software development practices and technologies such as agile and DevOps
• Available for travel up to 25%
• An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Big Data processing, Database, Data Warehousing and Data Sciences
• Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
• Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Denver, CO.Available for travel up to 25%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado: This position starts at base of $122,300K/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top