Sr. Analytics Lead, GTM Strategy
- Irvine, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from early to later stage start-ups in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. This particular role will focus on the gaming segment where some of the largest game companies like Electronic Arts (EA), Supercell, Zynga, and Epic Games are included.
We are hiring an accomplished Sr. GTM Specialist to support AWS Analytics services on the WW Specialist team. As AWS continues to grow its presence globally, the Go-To-Market Specialist will assist our internal teams by creating and orchestrating "at scale" programs, initiatives, research, and enablement for our sales and cross functional customer teams.
A proven track record of developing and executing go-to-market (GTM) / sales programs and initiatives at scale with tangible results, are critical attributes that will lead to success in the role.
In this role you will be accountable for:
Setting strategic program direction, as well as oversee tactical execution of insight based programs, and go to market activities with a focus on expanding AWS market share in our top key pursuit within the gaming sector.
• Using your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers in the gaming sector to understand their requirements and turn them into reality
• Partnering with AWS corporate platform services and industry teams to identify workloads that impact our analytics services
• A background in mapping the application of technology to customer business scenarios that help our customers understand how to improve their operational outcomes through the use of AWS Analytics services
• Your excellent verbal, and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform within gaming accounts, as well as our valued partners, while serving as the primary Executive Briefing Center representative of the analytics business
• Act as a trusted business advisor while deep diving into data, creating high impact programs, and tracking progress while tuning for desired results
• Be a leader of virtual teams. You will guide cross functional teams to drive AWS adoption in the key workloads that use the AWS Analytics portfolio
• Define, drive, measure, manage and coach on workload focused goals across the business
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO / VP level, as well as background that enables them to easily interact with IT operations leaders, software developers, and infrastructure and applications architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across the business to set vision, objectives and to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to dive deep is a must.
• 5+ years of technical business development, strategic partnerships, product management, or sales engineering experience
• 3+ years selling Analytics technologies
• 5+ years experience with customer facing roles, territory management or solution selling.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• MBA or equivalent relevant business
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Silicon Valley, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top