Sr. Analytics and Insights Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Are you excited about the cloud computing industry and leveraging cutting edge data analytics technologies and methodologies? Are you interested in driving business decisions through data analysis, reporting, and KPIs? Do you want to work in a leading edge Specialized Sales and Business Development team focused on helping customers, AWS, and partners to build compelling business cases to move to AWS, take actions to drive the most value from their AWS investment, and measure the value realized?
The AWS Specialized Sales Operations team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Senior Analytics and Insights lead to own defining, building, and scaling metrics and analytical insights that will help support the GTMS (Go-To-Market Specialist) leaders. In this role, this person will proactively engage with senior Sales and Business Development leaders to define reporting priorities and to ensure we are tackling the most important business problems and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions across our global program. This person will establish relationships with key stakeholders such as Sales, Business Development, Sales Operations, Data Engineers and Business Intelligence Engineers to build self-service reports, develop meaningful KPIs, provide actionable findings/insights, and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses. Acting as a business partner to key stakeholders/customers and provide data expertise and customer insights to drive business results.
We are seeking a Senior Analytics and Insights Lead to join our Insights team with a desire to lead and learn from others and who knows how to execute and deliver on big ideas. The team will use a wide range of technologies, tools, methodologies, and analytic practices to address business challenges and deliver results while keeping their toolbox updated with the latest practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Defining the analytics toolkit roadmap, across the GTMS organization
• Support a variety of revenue, productivity, cost and other impactful initiatives through complex data modeling, sampling, and analysis projects that have applicability across geographical boundaries and customer segments
• Build relationships across Amazon, working with other analytics and data teams for insights and best practice sharing
• Lead a continuous learning environment with respect to utilizing the latest methodologies, technologies, and illustrative best practices to tell stories which can drive business decisions
• Collaborate with business leaders to identify and prioritize the highest impact analytics and data initiatives
• Drive data infrastructure operational excellence through optimization of data models and service, working closely with BIEs and data engineers
Position may be located in San Francisco or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• SQL Experience
• 8+ years experience in data analytics
• Data modeling experience
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
• 10+ years of relevant experience in data warehousing, business intelligence, or analytics
• Experience working directly with technical teams in an agile development environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Excellent data extraction, analytical or problem solving skills
• Expertise in data visualization tools or storytelling
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's Leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $107,000 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top