Sr. AMZL Start Up Manager
- Manhattan, NY
AMZL Start Up Team.
Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our customers in everything we do. We don't simply deploy stations that deliver packages; we invent and deploy products and services that wow our customers. Want to be a part of that? Read on...
By deploying a new Amazon delivery solution we ensure that our customers' orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and as cost effectively as possible. To excite our customers we continually innovate and provide best-in-class service levels through the near-constant introduction of new delivery services.
Who we're looking for:
• Do you believe that to get things done that no job is too big, and no task is too small?
• Are you a dynamic, out of the box thinker?
• Can you be a teammate who jumps in when needed to lend a helping hand?
• Are you a tactical leader who also thinks strategically?
• Do you have a background in logistics or transportation?
• Do you have a history of leading peers and raising the bar for performance?
• Have you managed a program or project in the past?
If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, then we want to talk to you about joining our already high-achieving team of program management professionals.
The Start Up Manager will be primarily responsible for the deployment, implementation, and launch of delivery stations and tactical programs that make up some of Amazon's most strategic logistical initiatives. Job role and functions include, but are not limited to: Station Design Review, Budget Reporting and Expense Management, Vendor Management and non-inventory procurement ordering, Inventory Management, 3rd Party Labor partnership, Operations Team coordination, and full Site Start up, Launch and Closeout.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure that you and the Team remain customer obsessed
• Ensure that you take end-to-end ownership of everything within your grasp or scope of influence
• Tactical leadership and on-site coordination of launch activities
• Cross functional coordination and task tracking
• Communications across various parties to ensure alignment of goals and tasks to ensure the overall success of the launches
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; we work fast and hard
• Creating and implementing improvements to our transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products on behalf of our customers
• Deployment to various geographies within North America in order to launch the most innovative delivery solutions in the world
• Travel between multiple work sites due to overlapping project timelines
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• 6+ years of progressive responsibility in program or project management or operations leadership
• Experience as a startup or launch program manager or as a process deployment program manager
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
• Project Management certification
• Experience working with AppSheet, AutoCAD, and/or Playbook
• Ability to drive successful partnerships with cross-functional leadership to execute strategic initiatives and develop strategic roadmaps
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills when confronted with difficult situations exhibiting ability to keep the team focused and motivated
• Demonstrated skill at building relationships
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top