Are you a Business or Technology department head (VP/SVP or equivalent) who has successfully led Business-Technology transformation initiatives at your company? Do you have experience transitioning to the cloud to solve a specific business problem, or have you delivered innovative solutions by pioneering the use of cloud services as a means to drive customer or business value? Are you looking to gain broader perspective, share your experience, build sustained value, and scale the delivery of your expertise across a number of different companies?
As the promised benefits of cloud technology emerge beyond operational efficiency, security, reliability and scalability, companies are increasingly turning to Amazon for help to reimagine their relationship with customers, reinvent their business processes, and the way their teams work together. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're seeking outcome-driven, visionary, and customer-obsessed technical and functional business leaders/advisors to enable and accelerate our customers' journey to breakthrough results and sustainable value.
As a senior member of the Advisory Delivery team focused on business enablement and transformation, you will interpret, improve, and author AWS best practices, patterns, offerings and roadmaps to enable customers within an industry vertical (current list here) and/or in a business function (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D, Sales, HR, Legal, Compliance, Customer Support, et al.) to succeed in their own unique digital transformation journey powered by AWS.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Engage and advise functional business leaders, including C-level IT and business executives to identify, prioritize and align on select strategic initiatives to pursue, and develop a roadmap to overcome obstacles to their achievement
• Disrupt and re-design business processes associated with cloud adoption to maximize benefits and quantifiable improvement in business metrics
• Working with others, architect and deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, leading to breakthrough innovations
• Drive orchestrated adoption and execution of strategy, operations, and process design
• Plan and lead organizational change by securing buy-in and defining shared, successful, outcomes across potentially diverse customer stakeholders
• Develop and present compelling business cases that illustrate the ROI/TCO and roadmap to recognize sustainable value from cloud technology investments.
• Proactively build and leverage network of internal AWS teams and partners as well as external customer teams to effectively drive change and deliver customer value
• Bachelor's degree or 5 years of relevant work experience as an equivalent.
• 7+ years of relevant leadership and/or management experience in business technology, enterprise IT, consulting, and/or engineering/development.
• Experience engaging deeply with C-level and senior executives to define and execute enterprise-wide transformation programs.
• In-depth knowledge working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. SAFe, Zachman, TOGAF, Business Capability maps, Value Maps).
• Deep experience and clear perspective on current and future disruptive trends in specific industry verticals such as Financial Services, Healthcare, Energy, Automotive etc.
• Able to travel as needed for customer facing engagements.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
• Master's/ MBA degree.
• 10+ years of leadership experience across enterprise IT and/or consulting.
• Knowledge working with Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes, COBIT, CMMI).
• Experience selling and delivering enterprise IT professional service or cloud services.
• Hands-on experience leading digital transformation and/or a cloud implementation initiative.
• Strong background in one or more of the following methodologies: Six Sigma/Lean, Kanban, Agile/SCRUM, SAFe, Value Stream Mapping, Design Thinking.
• Industry expertise in the areas of lean startup, digital innovation, digital strategy and/or product development.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.