SPRO Capacity Planning PM
- Bengaluru, India
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraud among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Capacity planning program manager who will be responsible for driving service levels, developing strategies for service expansions and optimizing resource utilization/occupancy through innovative ideas.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build trust of our customers and sellers. Amazon hires the brightest minds, are you one of them?
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and intelligence driven people. The ideal candidate is expected to operate with significant autonomy and discretion, influences internal & external teams. He/She will possess leadership experience in the workforce management domain with respect to best in class real-time mechanisms, intermediate level reporting skills, optimizing manpower in contact center environments. and lead a high performing team across the globe as manager of managers. The individual must be capable to support and own proactive tactical & strategic workforce management responses to address service level challenges. In this role you will experience a wide range of problem solving situations that require immediate real time intervention.
-Timely and accurate delivery of headcount plans for respective STAR operations programs considering factors of forecast and operational productivity inputs for each sites.
-Create hiring plans and govern the process by coordinating with involved teams like recruitment, training and operations.
-Create estimated capacity to deliver against forecast basis on the derived headcount plan.
-Independently solve and deliver for business problems related to planning with occasional direction. Drive an agile capacity model to meet customer promised SLA standards.
-Deliver cost efficient HC plans and driving hiring demands for the STAR Ops organization. Set long-term vision and direction for team projects.
-Lead new program launches from an STAR capacity planning perspective & manage initiatives for continued improvement
-Constant communication with WFM, business team, finance, senior leadership, operations, recruitment and other internal clients on status of plan vs actual delivery variance.
-Makes trade-offs: overtime vs. hiring vs productivity stretch vs headcount movement for the headcount/capacity planning.
-Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency.
-Establish reporting mechanism to create transparency on the teams effort associate to the assigned goals.
-Participate and contribute to business review meetings and document writing to promote team efforts.
-Improves previously defined processes with quantified positive impact.
-Optimizes cross-team processes that improve team efficacy and delivery.
-Responsible for gathering and summarizing feedback on project launch, misses and communicating to all teams involved in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, statistics or equivalent)
• 5+ years' experience in Capacity planning/ WFM experience .
• Experience in building and analyzing models for forecasting and headcount optimization.
• Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience, and a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment
• Proficient in advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
. Excellent communication skills
• Analysis experience in Customer Service or Operations preferred
• Experience automating or improving tools functionality through collaboration with Engineering or other Program Management teams.
• Experience working with globally managed service providers.
• Operations Research or Capacity Planning experience strongly preferred.
• Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate.
• Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
• Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Exceptional influencing and leadership skills
Back to top