Amazon is searching for passionate, talented, and inventive researchers finishing their Master's or Doctoral degrees and looking to launch their careers with an industry leader in ASR and NLU. Do you have a strong machine learning background and want to help build new Speech and Language technology? Our mission is to push the boundaries in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Speech and Language Researcher, your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You would work independently and as a team member, side-by-side with world experts in speech and language, to solve challenging ground breaking research problems, on production scale data.
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLP, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management. Amazon has multiple positions available for Speech Researchers in Seattle, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Cupertino, for speech experts that will be graduating before July 2018. *If you are graduating after July 2018 check out our Speech Researcher Intern posting.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, and/or machine learning.
- Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity.
- Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- Ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms.
- Aspiration to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
- Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Algorithm development experience
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top