As a part of AWS, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. EC2 redefines the economics and physics of computing, reducing the time to build a datacentre to minutes. Customers use EC2 to rapidly scale capacity up and down as their computing requirements change. Amazon EC2 offers different pricing models to customers to help optimize their EC2 spend as their applications scale up and down. One of the pricing models, Amazon EC2 Spot Instances, allows users to take advantage of EC2's spare capacity at discounts of up to 90%of the On Demand model with the caveat that AWS may reclaim Spot Instances when needed by customers who are willing to pay the On Demand price.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you will innovate and scale architectural best practices building and operating advanced, scalable, reliable and secure workloads using our EC2 Spot instances by collaborating with customers, developing content and enabling the wider community to adopt the AWS portfolio of services around our Spot Instances. In this role, you will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge around, amongst others, deploying and operating high scale cloud native applications, large-scale production clusters based on our container services ECS and EKS, running large scale Apache Spark clusters or running risk assessment models on high performance grids for banks.
As a trusted advisor, you will guide our largest customers across the UK and Ireland in building applications on EC2 Spot, and share recommendations around security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate key projects for our customers.
Inside AWS, you are an ambassador of our customers. You will articulate customer needs by synthesizing your observations from customer engagements and market trends around workloads to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define and invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Specialist Solutions Architects are thought leaders in AWS technology and industry trends who create and share best practices through white papers, code samples, workshops, user groups and blog posts.
If you are enthusiastic about enabling AWS customers on the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come and build the future with us.
• Proven hands-on experience on cloud native, resilient and scalable application architectures
• Proven hands-on experience on containers technologies in the industry (Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, DC/OS), micro-services and DevOps practices
• Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
• Ability to formulate and communicate ideas clearly in a business environment, including presenting in front of varied internal and external audiences
• Business fluent English is required for customer interactions, internal communication and collaboration with the worldwide teams
One or more of the following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Technical degree in computer science, math, or engineering such as a Master's degree
• Hands on experience leading software development teams, building microservice architectures, such as projects in the software development or Internet industries
• Understanding of application, server, web services and network security practices
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional or similar cloud certifications