Specialist Solutions Architect- ISV Migration and Modernization
- Tokyo, Japan
To build successful technical partnerships with our top Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners to drive Migration and Modernization of ISV and ISV customer workloads to AWS. Experience in designing, deploying, migrating, or managing large scale platforms, is important to success in this role.
Interact closely with senior technical and business stakeholders from the partners, and have an impact on their company and on their customers' environments. This will include wide range of activities around solution Migration and Modernization, developing new skills around advanced level services: become trusted advisors to the ISV customers, provide technical advice to help ISVs make informed decisions on their cloud strategy, including business planning and modeling; join AWS and industry communities; present AWS publicly; and interact with AWS and ISV engineering teams.
• Trusted advisor: Be a trusted technical advisor to support building strong technical competency with the ISV on AWS services and patterns that support the Migration and Modernization and transformation of the ISV
• Host, facilitate and conduct technical workshops, labs and hand-on programs for the ISV to learn the different services and skills required to modernize on AWS.
• Do architectural consultancy to validate, critique and support new technology, use of the right AWS core and advanced services to build security, resilience and scalability into the solution workflow.
• Perform basic technical reviews, as well as Well Architected Framework reviews to provide optimal technology balance to the solution build and deployment.
• Conduct office hours regularly to consult with ISVs to support their Migration and Modernization efforts and programs
• Community and team player: work directly with the ISVs, as well as collaborate with internal teams.
• Learn, capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide AWS technical community
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• 2+ years of experience in Cloud based technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Near-native-level Japanese language and business-level English or above
• Experience architecting / operating solutions build on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Willingness to travel up to 25%
Back to top