Specialist Solution Architect - Relational Databases
- Dortmund, Germany
Are you a database specialist with deep experience in relational databases? Do you enjoy helping customers select and use the right data technology for their application requirements? Do you want to be part of a team who helps build the future of databases at Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Come join us!
We are looking for Database Specialist Solution Architects (SA) with a balance of great communication skills with deep technical expertise giving them the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. You will be hands-on collaborating with our customers and partners in building and migrating their Database platforms and applications to the cloud.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, work with some of the largest enterprises, help them architect scalable database solutions, dive deep into customer problems and work with AWS service teams to create solutions that solve customer needs.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design Customer Solutions, collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon Relational Database services.
• Devise Strategy and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Database Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
• Be a trusted advisor, representing the voice of the customer to internal teams, proactively defining and prioritizing service features and successful outcomes for our customers
• Thought leaders - produce compelling audience-specific messages and tools, reference architectures, demos, public speaking, blogs, and other artifacts.
• Enable and nurture AWS field teams, internal community, share best practices and insights with customers and partners.
• Identify key use cases and associated reference architectures for AWS market segments and industry verticals.
• Proven design and implementation experience with Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, Data Migration and Integration.
• Operational - Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Business fluent French and English is required for customer interactions, internal communication, and collaboration with the worldwide teams.
One or more of the following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Academic background Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions.
• Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon Aurora, Amazon PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS.
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
Back to top