Sourcing Manager - MBA
- Tokyo, Japan
The Amazon Private Brands Global Sourcing team is looking for driven individuals to join the team from MBA programs across Asia. This role will be responsible for executing and improving the best practices in Global Sourcing. The interaction touches almost every aspect of Amazon worldwide, including retail, operations, legal, product compliance, transportation, tax, treasury, accounting, graphic design, customer service, public relations etc. Our MBA hires are placed into exciting roles in the org, in functions such as Sourcing, Quality, Program, Finance, and Business Analytics.
The roles require someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The talented individual will be able to manage the global sourcing process from A to Z including product planning, vendor / item set-up and maintenance, pricing, packaging, assortments and vendor relations. The ability to work in a demanding but collegial, team oriented environment is a must. Data analytical skills with SQL/Tableau and project management experience are both pluses. No prior sourcing experience is required for this role. International travel may be necessary.
1. MBA degree
2. Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
3. Attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
4. 2 years plus of work experience in fields such as engineering, sourcing, finance, consulting, supply chain, FMCG, marketing
5. High level of spoken and written English
6. Strong business judgment
1. Experience in negotiations, pricing, lean supply chain management, international logistics, product compliance, product development, branding, packaging, and importing are a plus but not required
2. Understand manufacturing and quality assurance processes are also pluses
3. Data analytical skills (SQL especially) and project management skills are major pluses
4. Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
5. Possess or be eligible to obtain a passport and VISA for travel essentials of the job
Back to top