Time and Attendance team's charter is to build a world-class product which meets attendance and pay computation needs for over 2 million hurly associates across Amazon businesses. People Technology is the central hub for all Amazon.com people data. Our technology provides the foundation and orchestration for a multitude of key human resource processes, from on-boarding of tens of thousands of temporary employees during peak holiday season to integrating critical employee data to internal and external systems. We implement and build highly secure, global software that allows Amazon.com to effectively manage the workforce, resulting in a better employee experience and a better bottom line.
Amazon Time and Attendance (TAA) is looking for talented Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join their team in Seattle. Amazon continuously pushes the limit to deliver packages and goods to customers as fast as possible. Gaining efficiencies in tracking productivity, time, and attendance is paramount to achieving this goal. You will get a chance to invent new technologies and build custom solutions to help Amazon track time, attendance, and productivity of employees and impact the employee experience.
How hard can it be to pay people for the right number of hours worked? Would you be excited to dive into surprisingly complicated space that is tangible to all Amazonians, with the real-time analytics, surge-traffic handling, fault detection, and data processing by developing new solutions on NAWS/Server less platforms? Then you are the person, People Technology is looking for.
As Software Development Engineer,
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of Time & Attendance team, you will deliver robust feature sets, elegant designs, and intuitive user interfaces that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at performing critical business functions.
You have top notch computer science skills, are obsessed with customer delight, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging cutting-edge technologies to build incredible products. You understand back-end services and know how to conceptualize, design, implement, and fix them. You go through life thinking about how to use technology to solve problems. You live and breathe data analysis, and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. You understand the untapped power of utilizing Internet technologies to support Amazon's goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and are driven to be the best at what you do.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field and 5 years' experience, or a Master's degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field.
• Experience in SQL database development
• Experience in distributed systems, including consistency protocols, transaction concurrency and isolation levels
• Good understanding of data consistency, locking, and network protocols
• Knowledge of database system internals and design principles
• Hands-on experience with AWS APIs and services
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us