Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Marketing, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to the Solutions Architecture team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a developer or hands-on solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions and build great solutions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- You love to code, and will develop solutions that help customers build applications, software and services on the AWS platform with an emphasis serverless technology.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions with the business development, marketing, training, and technical teams to transfer knowledge of customer solutions
- Ensure solutions are packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including marketing, solutions architecture, and support
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within AWS
- Experience with Amazon Voice/AI/ML technologies, including Alexa.
- Have Voice and Visual User Experience design expertise (e.g. Alexa Skills Kit, AngularJS)
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting application development experience
- Deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organization
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top