Solutions Builder, AWS SA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to develop highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Architecture team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to the Solutions Architecture team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Have a passion for designing, developing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software developer or solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive design and development exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, you will develop solutions that help customers build and migrate applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions with the sales, training, and technical teams to transfer knowledge of customer solutions
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, and support
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within AWS
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 3+ years' experience in software development, infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Strong knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Technical degree required; Computer Science background highly desired
- Experience developing applications in Node.js and AngularJS
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Solution selling and solution development experience
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top