Solutions Architecture - Fed Programs
- Tokyo, Japan
Must be located in DC, VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, NC
this role can sit in PA, NJ, VA, NC, SC, NY, or DE
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with our ecosystem of systems integrators, consulting and technology partners. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
The position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with FedRAMP, DoD SRG or other compliance frameworks
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years' working with public sector accounts
• Demonstrated experience working with one or more public or private cloud solutions
• Master's Degree
• Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Prior experience in state or local government
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Ability to travel XX% of the time
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top