Solutions Architect State & Local Government
AWS is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders; we try new things, imagine big dreams and reuse whenever we can. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, problem solvers, and doers. Come join us and work with AWS technologies that enable our Startup/GovTech/GovStart customer and partners in India to adopt cloud based solutions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is within the Worldwide Public Sector India Solutions Architect team in Amazon Internet Services Private Limited, working wit Startup/GovTech/GovStart customers and partners in domains like Urban Infrastructure & Utilities, Smart cities, Agriculture, Urban Local bodies, Healthcare, Finance to name few. Our vision is to help public institutions in India to make a significant impact to the lives of citizens, by taking a technology generation leap through use of AWS cloud services
As a Solutions Architect, you'll help your customers plan their successful cloud journey. You'll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You'll drive in technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
Building relationships to understand our customers and partners is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you'll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You'll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You'll also act as thought leader in the wider community. This includes playing a lead role in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won't just be part of an industry movement; you'll be leading it.
As a customer obsessed advisor, you'll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Delivering to primary responsibilities of a solutions architect you will
• Establish technical credibility in sales cycles for Amazon platforms, technologies, and the company, by collaborating with the sales team to win new business;
• Capture and convey best practices and provide prescriptive guidance around application and systems design on the Amazon platforms and technologies, via direct customer and partner interaction, development of technical content, events, evangelism, training, and operational event support;
• Help drive the evolution of the Amazon platforms and technologies by providing direct input and feedback from the field to the engineering teams developing these offerings.
• Finally, tenured team members are tasked with recruiting, hiring, and developing top SA talent; managing and applying that resource in a prudent and efficient way; and driving cross-organizational initiatives related to the areas identified above.
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://youtu.be/l3aWp9Tuy4I).
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood for long periods of time. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!
Are you energized by the prospect of working with the highest potential startups in India to help them succeed on, and with, Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) is the local seller of cloud computing services of Amazon referred as Amazon Web Services ("AWS") which enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry- leading cloud computing infrastructure.
The Startup Solutions Architect will join an experienced and energetic India Public Sector team that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you'll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry opinion makers and technologists.
Ideally, you're someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and / or CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You understand how the incubators and accelerators work in India, especially the ones funded by government bodies or impact funds.
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services
• Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities
• Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives
• Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments
• Background in any other following or related to Technology Architect, Consultant, Cloud Architect, Technical Lead, Software Developer, Engineering Lead, Business Development (BD) Engineer, Pre BD Engineer or Systems Engineer, etc.
• Experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas. Specific knowledge in multiple technology domain areas (e.g., software development/architecture, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
• Software development hands-on experience
• Experience working with start-up ecosystem, making use of later technologies and platforms
• Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components.
• Understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
• Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
• Able to create technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
• Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer requirements to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud technology
• Work experience with the India public institutions, RFP sales and solutions lifecycle experience.
• One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
• Able to present to technical and business audiences (training, workshops, publications)
• Total 12+ years of professional experience including minimum 4 years' as a Solution Architect or related role.
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay! We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain AWS certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.