Solutions Architect, Manufacturing Specialist - AMAZON Web Services, Korea
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
The world is changing rapidly. In the past, competition only occurred in the same business sector, but now it is intensifying with competition among different industries to obtain limited customer interest and goods. Yesterday's equation of success doesn't work anymore. Future survival cannot be guaranteed by years of perfecting manufacturing technology and operating methods. Only organizations that can experiment quickly and stay agile, learn from failure, and blend these experiences into services and products will survive and succeed. AWS offers in-depth and extensive services around the world to help customers solve their problems and experiment more in a faster and efficient way. These services range from DevOps and containers, to IoT and various industry-related solutions, to mobile and gaming, to data analysis and AI/ML. As a result of the various commitments we have made to our customers over the years, millions of customers come to AWS every day, from traditional manufacturing companies like Samsung, LG and Kia Motors to digital companies like Nexon, Kakao Pay and Woowa Brothers and expanding rapidly. In the past history of IT, there are not many technologies that gave the world such a strong impact. And we never know when this opportunity will come again. If you have the skills involved and want to be part of this historic moment, don't just sit down and watch the changes happening in the world. Join us to build the future together!
This role focuses on helping R&D and manufacturing departments of the domestic manufacturing companies turn ideas such as Smart Product and Smart Factory into reality so that they can enjoy the benefits of industry 4.0 and ensure survival and success in the new global highly competitive world. Companies like GE Electric, Coca-cola, SIEMENS, Kellogg, Autodesk, Volkswagen, and iRobot are already moving their workload to the cloud, experiencing the results of rapid experimentation and innovation, and are already ahead of the competition. Korean manufacturing customers want to innovate as well, but are facing challenges due to the lack of IT resources and heavy burden of legacy systems. In order to best serve our customers and ensure their success, we are looking for technologists who have strong practical experience in the Manufacturing space as well as hands-on development skills, passion for learning as well as for sharing their knowledge with others. As a solutions architect, you will have the opportunity to join these customers from the start of their Cloud Journey and work with large and innovative domestic companies. You will help customers improve their architecture in a reliable and secure way, and help them achieve tangible business value through cloud adoption. In addition, you will also work with the AWS global team focused on Manufacturing to share your knowledge and to learn from your colleagues around the world. If you believe you are the kind of person who gets excited by open-ended, highly ambiguous and complex problems and capable of solving them in novel ways, you will be given tremendous opportunities to help customers to innovate and succeed. As a Trusted Advisor, you will become a virtual extension of the customer's team and will see them transform and modernize as a result of your work.
After joining our team, you will be provided with a ramp-up plan and a mentor to ensure you get off to a good start. After that we will ask you to dive deeply into your customer's business and technology situations and help them identify which of their issues and goals can be best served by adopting AWS cloud. We will also ask you to enable the customers to be successful in their cloud adoption by answering their technical questions, removing technical blockers they encounter, delivering hands-on workshops, and providing architectural guidance. Within first 12 months, you will have an opportunity to work with a variety of customers, present at the AWS Summits in Seoul and elsewhere in APAC, conduct internal training, and publish blogs and whitepapers. You will also have an opportunity to influence the direction of our products by providing actionable customer feedback to the service teams. You will be part of a great team of very supportive people who will help you be successful, but also expect a lot of you. This role is not for everyone - we are looking for people with Builder mentality who are self-driven, willing to take Ownership of things and see them through, able to Earn Trust of our customers and their colleagues by consistently delivering on their commitments. We are looking for visionaries who start by Diving Deep on the specific business objectives of a customer, imagine the future on their behalf, then Invent a way of getting there, and finally Deliver Results with and on behalf of the customer. And, above all, we are looking for people who share our Customer Obsession. If you want to be part of a once in a lifetime transformation in the IT industry and achieve more than you may think you are capable of - this is a perfect place for you! Come join us in transforming Korea!
This position is for someone who already has exceptional technical and customer-facing skills and built deep and broad technical capabilities through their prior work experience. The requirements listed below are expected of a perfect candidate who can hit the ground running on Day 1. You are not required to meet all of them, but we would like you to meet most of them. After joining us, you will be provided with a 3-month ramp-up plan. During this time, you will have an opportunity to bridge any gaps between your current capabilities and our expectations.
• We expect you, as Manufacturing Specialist, to have strong domain knowledge such as CAE acceleration with High Performance Computing, CAD virtualization, PLM, MES, and Operational Technology, and the capability to integrate with the rest of the customer's systems.
• We expect you to work with BDM (Business Development Manager) as a pair to cultivate business case for the core workload in customer's factory and R&D unit.
• We expect you to engage with global Manufacturing segment for delivering best practice to domestic customer and for getting help to deliver our customer's best success.
• We expect you to autonomously scope the project in support of a given objective, define all the tasks and resolve competing priorities and lead the project delivery and stakeholder management, sharing work with others as needed.
• We expect you to solve a problem that, while evident, was not well defined and to reach clarity in problem definition and drive a resolution.
• We expect you to deliver a solution that take into account immediate/stated business objectives of a specific customer, partner, or AWS cross-functional Segment or service objectives and to proactively identify and pursue new incremental opportunities for cloud adoption across multiple workloads within a company/Segment.
• We expect you to align your work to address a business-impacting issue/opportunity within MFG vertical and delivered tangible business outcomes.
• We expect you to influence leaders in your domain(s) within business units of large companies or entire medium-sized companies (CISO, Chief Data Officer, Head of R&D, etc.) and their decision which has impact on the direction of that technology across the entire org/company.
• We expect you to influence multiple business leaders across multiple Segments or equivalent and their decision which has impact on multiple Segments, cross-functionally within specific technology domain.
• We expect you to influence the AWS service features already on a roadmap to be prioritized and delivered.
• We expect you to deliver a breakout session or equivalent at a local Summit or industry conference with CSAT above event's average and create a large public artifact, such as a whitepaper or a series of related smaller artifacts of equivalent scope.
• We expect you to be able to travel locally within Korea (mostly greater Seoul area) and up to 10% internationally.
• 10+ years of system integration delivery or consulting experiences for manufacturing enterprises.
• Experiences in building applications across R&D applications such as PLM/CAD/CAE and factory applications such as MES/Factory Asset Management.
• Working knowledge of factory communication protocols such as OPC-UA/DA and Modbus.
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
• Experience developing solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code/scripting (e.g., Java, Python, C# / .NET, Node.js).
• Business level English for both written and verbal communication.
• Fluency in Korean.
Back to top