Solutions Architect - Manufacturing
- Kladno, Czech Republic
This role is within the Swiss organization and you would be working with Manufacturing Enterprise customers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating and presenting technical content and sharing best practices.
Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology.
Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, demos and technical workshops. They collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security).
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn. You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work directly with strategic manufacturing customers to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
• Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
• Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Technical Computer Science Degree
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Passion for technology and for learning
• SaaS communications platform knowledge
• German language
• Ruby (Rails); AWS Stack (EC2,S3,ECS, OpsWorks); Golang; Python; JanaScript (Ember); Docker; Bash; Java; SQL; RabbitMQ
• Ability to advise the customers on the technical solutions
• Ability to work independently
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate certificate
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems -either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Understanding of the Manufacturing IT ecosystem (system integrators, software vendors, customer trends).
• Experience working in a customer-facing role
• Experience with public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in German
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Back to top